Effective Monday, March 23, 2020 our offices will be closed to the public indefinitely in order to ensure the safety of our clients and employees during the COVID-19 outbreak. 

You may call our main office at


and leave a message with your name, callback number, and the reason for your call including the person with whom you wish to speak, if known. These voicemails are being closely monitored and someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

For questions regarding the Homemaker program, please call 


For questions regarding Weatherization services, please call


Check this site and our Facebook page for updates and stay safe!

Office 365
Click here for new information on paid sick leave and FMLA regulations as mandated by the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, effective April 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020.
Employee Self Service
Employee Time Entry
Employee Rights
Employee FAQ
Head Start
Board Resources
SCAC SharePoint

Supportive Services For Veterans Families

CLICK HERE to learn more about formerly homeless veterans that are now in permanent housing.
The Supportive Services for Veterans' Families (SSVF) program is designed to lift very low-income Veteran Families out of homelessness and into stable permanent housing.  Through this program Southwestern Community Action provides comprehensive assistance in the areas of case management, outreach, temporary financial assistance, and referrals to help in obtaining VA benefits.
Eligibility requirements are:
1) Head of Household or Spouse must be a Veteran.  Discharge status of dishonorable disqualifies anyone from program benefits.
2) Household income must meet eligibility guidelines.
3) Client must be residing in permanent housing, homeless and scheduled to become a resident of permanent housing, or has recently exited permanent housing.
Southwestern Community Action offers this program in the following counties:
Cabell, Jackson, Lincoln, Mason, Putnam, Wayne, Wirt and Wood.
If you reside in the Southwestern coverage area and would like to inquire about services, please contact us at:

in Huntington 1-800-319-7131 or 304-525-5151 or 304-942-4265

in Parkersburg 304-942-6925

in Beckley 304-638-3823